Monday, October 17, 2011

Seventeen Again

Time flies, no doubt about it. You wonder where it goes, and then you wonder how to get it back. There are times I have wished for a "rewind." Lately though, I just want to move forward from here. This past weekend I attended my 30th High School reunion, and not only did we all get a rewind, time seemed to standstill for just a weekend.
The first get together was Friday night. There were people there I had only seen on Facebook since we graduated. It was fun chatting with them and catching up on their lives and their kids, etc. Saturday night was the BIG party and that night lasted just about all night. Time stood still for my friends and I. We left the big party and kept on visiting at another place and then the call came out for Scrapple, a local breakfast food. An all night diner was the next destination. We sat there for what seemed hours, laughing and talking, and having fun, just like the old days. We left that diner full. Full not just with food, but with the fullness that comes with reconnecting with old friends; those that know you and accept you faults and all. As I looked around at that group of people I thought about all we had been through over the years. My friend Susan said it best " we're all the same people, with same values we had back in high school, just a little older. These are my friends, and I hope it never changes."
Every one of us made it right back to breakfast just a few hours later. We all admitted to being really tired, but it was the good kind of tired that comes with being with your friends all night hanging out - making up for not seeing each other as much as we'd like to. I just want to say thank you. It was the best time I've had in a long time. Time indeed stood still, and just for one night, we were all seventeen again! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment