Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chaos Comes and Goes

     Chaos has reigned in my little apartment for about a month now.  It all started when I got the dates of my mother's arrival for her holiday visit messed up.  That night was like a tornado.  We quickly tidied up and then dashed off to the airport.  Chaos starts slow and gradually builds until it's unmanageable, and makes everyone crazy.  I remember being fascinated by chaos theory.  One minute everything is fine and then when you aren't looking BAM! Everything is crazy.  That's exactly what happened that night.  We were just going about our business and one little phone call later and my world was turned on it's head.
     About a week later the Christmas Frenzy started.  Endless Christmas music (my fault entirely because I love it), constant commercials for Hickory Farms and the latest greatest gadgets. We did brave the mall on at least two occasions, which seemed to whip my otherwise laid-back mellow daughter into a state of what can only be described as Christmas spirit on steroids.  I ended up spending at least 45 minutes a day up at the workout room just to deal with what was building at home.
      Christmas came in all it's glory and paper and craziness and then on the 28th my mom left for home.  The cleaning up started shortly there after and ended on New Years Eve at about 8:30pm.  I didn't think greeting the new year with a mess in my apartment set a very good precedent.  So I cleaned up what I could and the rest, well it's still there.  But that's ok.... This week has been a little hectic getting back on track with school, work, appointments and routine.  The chaos is dying down...and hopefully will be getting tossed out with the last of the gift wrap.  I have to do that.  I am determined.  While it doesn't probably look as bad as I think it does, it all needs to go.  I am a libra and I need order and balance, and while the scale of my life is slightly tilted I can feel it edging toward the middle a little bit at a time.
     What kind of chaos reigns in your world this evening?  Are there things that spin out of control in your world that you want to go away?  Make them.  Stand firm, start a new.  Create pathways of peace, even if all that amounts to is some nice smelling candles in your bathroom while you shower or take a soak.  Then when you are in a tranquil state of mind decide what needs to get tossed out.  Little by little. I'm starting with my desk.  It's a mess.  After that I'll tackle the larger messes.  Before you and I know it, the chaos will be gone...for a while.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment