Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saying You're Sorry

When you do or say things that you realize were wrong or that you are not proud of, it's probably best to say you are sorry.   ~Wendi


     The quote above is my own.  I came up with it today while I was sitting in Kaysie's martial arts class.  I had a rather unpleasant experience last night and I chimed in on something I probably shouldn't have.  At the time I felt offended by what this person said and accused someone else of.  Any of my friends will tell you, that I am a very loyal person, and if I feel that someone is coming under fire, unjustly, I'm going to say something.  Well, that's what happened and that's what I did.  I had several "likes" under both of my comments and then this morning, when I got up, I had a very different feeling.  I read another comment that someone else made and it stopped me dead.  When I stopped to think about the things I wrote I realized that maybe this other person was correct, and as I scrolled through the comments I realized that I had gotten caught up in the heat of the moment, and did not bother to engage my brain.  This person that the ugly comments referred to is one of the kindest, most thoughtful people I know. However, when someone "flames" her on line she usually takes care of business, and she did in a very kind way.  I would have expected nothing less.  
     After a little reflection I thought maybe I should say something, and then I engaged my brain, and thought, just take your comments off.  I thought that if I said anything more it would just fan the flames.  So I went in and removed my comments.  I also wrote to the person that the ugly comments were directed at because I felt that I owed her an apology for behaving badly on her page.  I'm not proud of how I reacted last night, but I am human, so therefore I say "I was wrong and I'm sorry."  It's only when we don't hold ourselves accountable for our actions that we get into big trouble.  
     I hope that if you ever do something or say something that you aren't proud of, you have the courage to apologize.  It's never easy to admit that you were wrong, but in the long run it's the right thing to do.
Have a good weekend!  




   

No comments:

Post a Comment